The past simple and the past participle of split
Conjugation of the verb split:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To divide into two or more parts.
2. To cause a group of people to be divided because of opposing opinions.
1. The teacher split the class into two groups.
2. The healthcare issue has split the the members of the parliament.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as split. They are:
- Verbs with similar forms in the infinitive, past simple, and past participle.
- Verbs like 'set, set, set'.