Phrasal verbs - Meaning of make up
Phrasal verbs | Meaning of make up
Here is the meaning of make up with examples:
Definition1. To constitute, form.
2. To invent a lie.
3. To assemble, or mix
4. To apply cosmetics or makeup
Example(s)1. Road accident victims make up almost a quarter of the hospital's patients.
2. He was always really good at making up stories.
3. I can make up a batch of stew in a few minutes, but it will take a two hours to cook.
4. Let's leave as soon I make up my face.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book