Phrasal verbs - Meaning of mop up
Phrasal verbs | Meaning of mop up
Here is the meaning of mop up with examples:
Definition1. To clean up with a mop, especially spilled liquid.
2. To fix problems; to correct or repair.
3. To clear the remaining enemy forces after a battle.
Example(s)1. Will you mop up the milk you spilled, Jane?
2. After they argued, they called their mother to mop up the mess.
3. Just after the battle, our troops tried to mop up the remaining rebels.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book