Phrasal verbs -
Phrasal verbs | Meaning of mop up
Here is the meaning of mop up with examples:
1. To clean up with a mop, especially spilled liquid.
2. To fix problems; to correct or repair.
3. To clear the remaining enemy forces after a battle.
1. Will you mop up the milk you spilled, Jane?
2. After they argued, they called their mother to mop up the mess.
3. Just after the battle, our troops tried to mop up the remaining rebels.
We recommend using Grammarly. It is the world's leading software suite for perfecting written English. It checks for more than 400 types of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and suggests citations. Grammarly is used by more than 600 educational and corporate clients, including Princeton University, University of South Florida, University of Virginia, and many others.