Phrasal verbs - Meaning of lock away
What does lock away mean?
Here is the meaning of lock away with examples:
Definition1. To put or hide something in a container and fasten the lock.
2. To put someone in prison or a secure mental hospital.
3. To go somewhere where you can be alone.
Check the phrasal verb lock away in a sentence:
2. They locked him away for fifty years after he committed a horrible murder.
3. I locked myself away with enough books to read.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book