Phrasal verbs - Meaning of light out
What does light out mean?
Here is the meaning of light out with examples:
DefinitionTo leave a place; to run away; to escape.
The forms of the verb 'light' are as follows:
- Base form: light.
- Simple past form: lit or lighted.
- Past participle form: lit or lighted.
Check the phrasal verb light out in a sentence:
He showed up with a strange smile on his face, and then lit out again.
When he heard that the police were coming for him, he lit out for the border.
"I should have known he was up to something when he lighted out for his lab"
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book