Phrasal verbs - Meaning of lie around
What does lie around mean?
Here is the meaning of lie around with examples:
Definition1. To be idle; to do nothing in particular and spend time lazily or aimlessly.
2. To be left somewhere instead of being put in the correct place; to be in an unknown place.
Check the phrasal verb lie around in a sentence:
2. They lay around the house all day just playing cards.
3. Why is that book lying around?
4. Where are my keys? I am sure they are lying around somewhere in the kitchen.
5. If I were you, I wouldn't leave any cash lying around.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book