Phrasal verbs - Meaning of level up
What does level up mean?
Here is the meaning of level up with examples:
Definition1. To raise to the same level or status. The opposite is level down
2. When playing computer games, to progress to the next level of player character stats and abilities, often by acquiring experience points.
Check the phrasal verb level up in a sentence:
2. The government has leveled up the taxes on imported goods from China.
3. If you want to become more powerful in this game, you will have to defeat the dragon and level up.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book