Phrasal verbs - Meaning of level out
What does level out mean?
Here is the meaning of level out with examples:
DefinitionSee level off
1. If an amount or a rate levels off or levels out, it stays at the same level and stops oscillating.
2. If something levels off or levels out, it becomes stable, flat or stops moving up or down.
Check the phrasal verb level out in a sentence:
2. The aircraft leveled out at a low altitude.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book