Phrasal verbs - Meaning of level off
What does level off mean?
Here is the meaning of level off with examples:
Definition1. If an amount or a rate levels off or levels out, it stays at the same level and stops oscillating.
2. If something levels off or levels out, it becomes stable, flat or stops moving up or down.
Check the phrasal verb level off in a sentence:
2. Unemployment leveled off after rising up to unprecedented rates.
3. The plane levels off at the cruising altitude of 38000 feet.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book