Phrasal verbs - Meaning of let down
What does let down mean?
Here is the meaning of let down with examples:
Definition1. To allow to descend.
2. To disappoint; to betray or fail somebody.
3. To make clothes longer by undoing and resewing a hem.
Check the phrasal verb let down in a sentence:
2. We had a date today, but she let me down and didn't turn up.
3. His mother had to let his jeans down because he had grown taller.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book