Phrasal verbs - Meaning of lay over
What does lay over mean?
Here is the meaning of lay over with examples:
Definition1. To make an intermediary stop somewhere, especially between airplane flights.
As a noun, a layover means a stop somewhere for a short time during a long trip.
2. To delay or postpone something.
Check the phrasal verb lay over in a sentence:
2. The flight from Toronto to Paris made a layover in London.
3. We will have to lay over the rest of the work until tomorrow. We are not in a hurry.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book