Phrasal verbs - Meaning of live on
What does live on mean?
Here is the meaning of live on with examples:
Definition1. To survive solely by consuming a certain thing.
2. To have a certain amount of money to buy the things that you need to live.
3. To continue to be remembered.
Check the phrasal verb live on in a sentence:
2. It is a pity that John and Mary have to live on a small pension.
3. He died a long time ago, but his work still lives on.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book