Phrasal verbs - Meaning of take on
What does take on mean?
Here is the meaning of take on with examples:
Definition1. To assume responsibility for.
2. To acquire, bring in, or introduce.
3. To hire; engage.
4. To begin to have or exhibit.
Check the phrasal verb take on in a sentence:
2. The plane took on new passengers when it stopped in Paris.
3. They took on more workers for the new project.
4. She has taken on the look of a banker.
Check these related pages:
- Cambridge Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
- The Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book