The past simple and the past participle of undertake
Conjugation of the verb undertake:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To commit oneself to a responsibility or an activity.
2. To promise that you will do something.
1. She undertook the task of organizing the meeting.
The company undertook the construction work.
It is not a task to be undertaken lightly.
2. He undertook to exercise more in future.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as undertake. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.