The past simple and the past participle of stink
Conjugation of the verb stink:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To have a strong bad smell.
2. To be greatly inferior; to perform badly.
3. To be extremely unpleasant, dishonest, or scandalous.
1. The room stinks like a sewer.
2. This movie really stinks.
3. Something stinks about his attitude.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as stink. They are:
- Verbs with the 'i-a-u' pattern.
- Verbs like 'begin, began, begun'.