The past simple and the past participle of sting
Conjugation of the verb sting:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To hurt, usually by introducing poison or a sharp point, or both.
2. To make someone feel upset and annoyed.
3. To exorbitantly overcharge someone.
1. A bee stung me in the foot.
2. She was stung by his mockery.
3. I thought I could park in front of the hotel, but they stung me for five pounds!
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as sting. They are:
- Verbs with u in the past simple and past participle.
- Verbs like 'cling, clung, clung'.