The past simple and the past participle of spring
Conjugation of the verb spring:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To move upwards or forwards suddenly or quickly.
2. To originate or come from.
1. He sprang from the sofa as if touched by an electric shock.
2. Today's social tensions spring from ethnic inequalities.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as spring. They are:
- Verbs with u in the past simple and past participle.
- Verbs like 'begin, began, begun'.