The past simple and the past participle of spread
Conjugation of the verb spread:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To open something out or arrange it over a place or surface.
2. To expand, cover or reach a wider or increasing area.
1. She spread the towel over the sand and lay down to sunbathe.
2. Unfortunately, the illness spread to other areas of the body.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as spread. They are:
- Verbs with similar forms in the infinitive, past simple, and past participle.
- Verbs like 'set, set, set'.