The past simple and the past participle of shed
Conjugation of the verb shed:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To get rid of something.
2. To fall off as part of a natural process.
4. To allow to flow or fall.
1. She tried to shed her fears and anxiety by talking to a psychiatrist.
2. The trees are shedding their leaves.
3. He shed a few tears at the farewell party.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as shed. They are:
- Verbs with similar forms in the infinitive, past simple, and past participle.
- Verbs like 'set, set, set'.