The past simple and the past participle of set
Conjugation of the verb set:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To establish.
2. To put something in a particular place or position.
1. Teachers should set a good example for their students.
We have to set limits to our intervention.
2. He set a ladder against the wall to fix the roof.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as set. They are:
- Verbs with similar forms in the infinitive, past simple, and past participle.
- Verbs like 'cut, cut, cut'.