The past simple and the past participle of rise
Conjugation of the verb rise:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To move upwards.
2. To stand up.
3. To get out of bed.
1. The sun rose at 06:45 today.
2. The old woman rose slowly from the chair and started walking.
3. They rose early in the morning and went out to the beach.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as rise. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.