The past simple and the past participle of give
Conjugation of the verb give:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To transfer the possession of something to someone.
2. To offer or provide someone with something.
1. He gave her a valuable gift.
Please, give me some information about your university.
2. He never gave me a chance to prove my loyalty.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as give. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.