The past simple and the past participle of freeze
Conjugation of the verb freeze:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. If you freeze a liquid, it becomes cold and hard.
2. To preserve food by storing it at a very low temperature.
1. It was too cold that the river had frozen.
2. She always freezes any food that's left over.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as freeze. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle. - Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.