The past simple and the past participle of eat
Conjugation of the verb eat:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To put or take food into the mouth, chew it, and swallow it.
2. To annoying or worrying.
3. To consume gradually; to corrode or erode.
1. Vegetarians don't eat meat.
It is impolite to talk while eating.
2. What's eating you now?
3. These abandoned cars are eaten away by rust.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as eat. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.