The past simple and the past participle of choose
Conjugation of the verb choose:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1.To pick; to select.
2. To elect.
3. To decide to act in a certain way.
1. I chose a nice fruit salad.
2. He was chosen as the spokesperson of the team.
3. I chose to go away instead of arguing with her.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as choose. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.