The past simple and the past participle of cast
Conjugation of the verb cast:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To cause (light or shadow) to appear on a surface.
2. To choose an actor or actress to act a particular role in a play or film.
3. To cause people to be unsure about something.
4. To register a vote.
1. The slowly rising sun cast its light over the ocean.
2. He was cast as a serial killer in a movie directed by Jonathan Demme.
3. Journalists cast doubt on the president's plan to rescue the economy.
4. Almost 1.7 million votes have been cast already in Minnesota, the state's top election official said Sunday.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as cast. They are:
- Verbs with similar forms in the infinitive, past simple, and past participle.
- Verbs like 'set, set, set'.