The past simple and the past participle of arise
Conjugation of the verb arise:
Base Form/Infinitive without 'to':
Third Person Singular:
1. To come up from a lower to a higher position.
2. To come up from one's bed or place of repose; to get up.
3. To emerge; become visible.
1. She arose from a kneeling posture.
2. He arose early in the morning.
3. A cloud arose and covered the sun.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as arise. They are:
- Verbs with '-en' in the past participle.
- Verbs like 'write, wrote, written'.