Writing an autobiography lesson plan
Autobiography lesson plan
This is lesson plan is about writing an autobiography. Students will work individually in pairs, in a group and as a whole class. They provide ideas, write first draft, edit and type the final draft in the computer lab.
- Teacher elicits a definition of autobiography. You may use a short autobiographical story.
- Brainstorm ideas about information they could include in autobiographies.
- Write all ideas mentioned by the students on the board.
- Students in groups organize the information into categories. You may use a graphic organizer.
- They write a rough draft using the information in their graphic organizers.
- Then students work in pairs to edit the autobiographies. Provide a checklist for students to use for editing.
- Optional. Tell students to provide photos to use as illustrations.
- Students use the computer lab to type their autobiographies.
Students exchange autobiographies. As a homework they read each others autobiographies and find similarities and differences between their own autobiographies and their classmates. A class discussion can be scheduled for the next session.