Wordle is a tool that creates word clouds that you can print and use in teaching English.
Here is the link:
What is it?
- Wordle is a tool for generating word clouds from text or a URL that you provide.
- The clouds take into consideration the words that appear more frequently in the source text or web page.
- It is possible for you to tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.
- You can use the images you generate as you like.
- You can save these images to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
- You can also print them out to use them in the classroom or your blog!
In the classroom
Use the images you generate with wordle to:
- create word clouds from a text and use it
- to review key vocabulary
- to check comprehension of the text
- to recycle the content of the text
- provide word clouds for students to use as a starting point for a writing activity.
- It can also be used to predict the content of the next reading text.
The word cloud in this post (above) is created with wordle. I provided the URL of this blog to generate it!