Women in History Lesson Plan
Women in History
In this activity students are encouraged to do a research and write a biography about a prominent woman who made history.
- Ask Students when the International Women’s Day takes place.
- Ask about what the celebration stands for.
- Students read a text about a prominent woman. This is a list of websites providing interesting material about women. More links can be found at Larry Ferlazo.
- Provide a form for students to fill (see the form bellow.)
- Ask students to do research about a famous woman.
- They write a biography about the famous woman they did research about.
Women in History – Biographical Data Form
Pick a woman who helped shape history and write a short biography about her life using the following guidelines.
Year of Birth: ________________
Place of Birth: ___________________________
Who did she help? :_______________
State their single greatest accomplishment:____________________
Describe the accomplishment in detail: _____________________________________
How did she achieve this feat? __________________________________________
Year of Death (if applicable): ____________________