Vocabulary Building Lesson Plan
From alphabet to writing a story
By the end of this activity students will learn 26 new words and use them in sentences or to write a story. The materials required are a dictionary, paper, pen or pencil. The activity takes about one or two class periods
- Students look through the dictionary and then define one word from each letter of the alphabet.
- Each selected word should be new.
- After they define all 26 words, students must copy them in their vocabulary notebook.
- Then, they must write one sentence for each of the 26 words.
- Make sure that they use each word correctly.
Students use some of those 26 words in a story. They must underline each of those selected words in the story.