By the end of this activity students will be able to write a poem about what they are thankful for. The activity can be carried out in about 30 minutes.
Preparation (10 min)
- Write the word thanksgiving on the board
- Ask students to mention any thing they know about the word.
- Ask them why the first pilgrims celebrated it?
- Elicit from them things they should be thankful for.
The activity (20 min)
- It’s time students show how thankful they are.
- Tell students to draw a table like the following and show that they are thankful for the things they own, the people around them and any other things…
|I am thankful for…|
- When they finish they write a poem about what they are thankful for…
Here are more links to Thanksgiving activities:
- Reading comprehension text about Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving poem
- Listening to a song: Be Thankful by Sarah Connor