How to create a blog with blogger
There is no doubt in my mind that technological tools, such as blogs, will be at the heart of education in the 21st century. Teachers will be able to set up blogs either as a personal development tool or as a professional means of instruction. Here is the first of a series of posts about how to create blogs. The platforms that I chose to give tutorials about are Blogger, Edublog and WordPress. These are the links to the different tutorials:
I will start by a tutorial on how to create a blog with Blogger.
Setting up a blog with blogger
Blogger is an easy platform that offers free hosting with space and customization options. To set up a blog using blogger you need to follow these steps:
- Create a google account if you don’t already have one.
- Go to www.blooger.com and sign in.
- Click on “create a new blog”
- Create a title and an address
- Enter the random word that appears on your screen.
- Then click “continue
- Choose a template from the library (You will be able to change the template later if you want)
- Your blog is ready to add your first post 🙂
- Click on “start posting”
- A window will open with a text editor which you can use to write a post for your blog.
Here is a video that covers the basics of setting up a blog on blogger.