Grammar Poem Lesson Plan
This is an activity that helps students develop an awareness of both grammar and writing skills. It can be carried out in a one-period session. No materials are required apart from a pen or pencil and sheets of paper.
It’s just a 2 – 6 line poem. Best assigned to practice some language points such as grammatical categories.
- Review grammatical categories.
- Tell students to come up with examples of grammatical categories.
- Tell students that they have to write a poem having this form.
2. adjective + and + adjective
3. verb + adverb
4. Like or as …
5. If only …
Of course, you can think of other combinations:)
- Provide an example like this one:
phoney and false
like a mocking bird
if only I had the key to the bird cage
- Give students time to read and understand the poem meaning and its structure.
- As a homework or in class they write similar poems
- Peer editing and final draft to be handed in for correction