Ten Tips for Exam Success You Absolutely Need to Consider
Exam Success Tips
To be successful in exams students must take into consideration factors that affect success before and during exams. But before presenting some tips for exam success, it is worthwhile noting that success requires motivation. In fact, no real exam preparation can be undertaken by a demotivated student.
Ten Tips for Success
- Students need to plan and organize in an orderly way.
- They need to set preparation timetables and set measurable, attainable and realistic goals.
- Each subject should be given its due importance.
- Students should use mind maps, short notes summaries to revise lessons.
- Previous exams can be of great help to students by reading them and familiarizing themselves with format, marking scheme, language, terminology, types of questions…
- Students should also set a time for sleep and relaxation.
- While sitting for the exam, students should read the instructions carefully and check all the pages.
- They should consider which questions they will answer first and which they should leave for later. For example, it might be helpful to start planning the most difficult questions, but answer the easier questions first.
- It is also preferable to plan timing according to the number of questions and marks for each.
- Managing stress is an important factor. One tip that might work for students is taking deep breaths now and then.