When traveling, we almost always stay at hotels. That's why it is advisable to pay attention to the following:
- Book a room in advance.
- On arrival, confirm your reservation. Check in at the reception.
- At large hotels you may ask for services by phone. For example, you may call for room service when you want a drink or a meal.
- Let the hotel manager know well in advance when you will leave.
To book a room you need to do one of the following:
- to make a phone call,
- to write a letter,
- or to write an email.
1. Include all relevant information in your email:
- your complete contact information,
- date and time of arrival and departure,
- number of days of your stay,
- type of room and any special needs or requests such as a smoking or nonsmoking room.
2. Be to the point. don't include any unnecessary details.
3. Be polite and start your email by "Dear sir or Madam"
Dear Sir or Madam,
Would you mind reserving a nonsmoking room for me and my wife for this date (...) We will be spending three nights. We will arrive on August 4th at 5 o'clock in the morning.
Please charge my credit card for the initial deposit required. Include any discounts that my early registration permits.
Credit card number:
I look forward to receiving a letter confirming my reservation.
5. Don't forget your name, address, email, phone, fax or any contact details.