This is a list of vocabulary items related to entertainment
- Do you feel like going out?
- Fancy going for something to eat?
- What about going to that new Brad Pitt film?
- Why don't we go to the restaurant?
- Let's go and do some theater.
- I fancy seeing that new French exhibition.
(To be polite take with you a bottle of wine if you are invited.)
- I'm exhausted; I'm going to stay at home.
- I'm going to stay in and veg = vegetate. ( I'm going to stay at home and do nothing.)
- Jack's such a couch potato = This means that Jack loves to spend his life sitting on the sofa
- I'm going to go back to mine and chill = I'm going home to seriously relax
- let's get a takeaway (food you order from a restaurant to eat at home) and go home.
- actor / actress
- backing group
- guitarist (lead / bass)
Arts and Crafts
Inside the Theater
- orchestra pit
- art gallery
- concert hall
- exhibition center
- opera house
- boo (to make an expression of strong disapproval or disagreement: "People at the back started booing loudly")
- go out
- play (a part)
- stay (at home)