Blowing in The Wind is a song written by Bob Dylan in 1962 and released on his album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan in 1963. This page provides information about the song and links to the official video and the lyrics.
Beginners and intermediate students.
Facts about the song
- Song: Blowing in The Wind
- Album: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
- Date of release: August 1963
- Genre: Folk
- Song length: 2 minutes, 48 seconds
- Writer: Bob Dylan
- Produced by : John H. Hammond
Interesting information about the song
Although it has been described as a protest song, it poses a series of rhetorical questions about peace, war and freedom. The refrain "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind" has been described as "impenetrably ambiguous: either the answer is so obvious it is right in your face, or the answer is as intangible as the wind"
- How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?
- How many seas must a white dove fly, before she sleeps in the sand?
- How many times must a cannon ball fly, before they're forever banned?
- The answer my friend is blowing in the wind