- The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic.
- The country consists of fifty states and a federal district.
- It is situated mostly in central North America.
- Most of the country (forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district) lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- The country is bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south.
- The state of Alaska is in the northwest of the continent, with Canada to the east and Russia to the west, across the Bering Strait.
- The state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific.
- The country also possesses several territories in the Pacific and Caribbean.
Here is a list of pages about the USA: