India, officially the Republic of India is situated in South Asia. Here are some facts about India:
- It is the seventh-largest country by area.
- The second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people.
- The most populous democracy in the world.
- The Indian Ocean on the south.
- The Arabian Sea on the south-west.
- The Bay of Bengal on the south-east.
- Pakistan on the west.
- China, Nepal, and Bhutan on the north-east.
- Burma and Bangladesh on the east.
- Capital: New Delhi
- Currency: Rupee
- Dialing code: 91
- Population: 1.237 billion (2012)
- Gross domestic product: 1.842 trillion USD (2012)
- Official languages: Hindi Language, English Language
- Government: Federal republic, Constitutional republic, Parliamentary system
Here are more pages about India: