It is sometimes difficult to say how you feel in unexpected situations, such as natural disasters, bad news .., especially when you feel sad.
Here's a list of some common expressions to help you express
- and disbelief.
I was shocked to hear…
taken aback by…
... came as a complete shock. I'm in
- I was shocked to hear the news.
- I was stunned / taken aback by the news
- I was completely taken aback by his behavior.
- I was just stunned by her clothes.
- The news came as a complete shock.
- We're all in complete shock.
I (just) can't believe…
- I just can't believe he won the race.
- It's unbelievable that they got married
- I just can't imagine they were able to get along with each other.