Sometimes you will need to express an emotion such as joy or sorrow to the person you're talking to. This page will list the different ways of expressing feelings in English.
Asking about Feelings
To ask about feelings you can use the following questions:
- How are you feeling today?
- You look sad / upset. Are you OK?
- You seem a little bit distracted. Are you alright?
- You seem kind of low today. What's wrong?
- You seem a little blue today. What's the matter?
- What's wrong?
- What's the matter?
- Are you OK / alright?
- Are you happy / angry...?
- Is everything OK / alright...?
To respond to a question about feelings you can uss the following expressions.
- I feel a little sad / happy / angry / ....
- I am a little sad / happy / angry / ....
- To be honest, I'm a little bit sad / happy / angry / ....
- It's been a difficult day.
- The thing is that, I am angry / sad / ...
- I am mad at him / her..
Vocabulary about feelings
- sad / unhappy
- feel blue
- feel low / down