Logical order in writing
This activity teaches students how to organize their writing in a logical order. The whole class participates in the writing process, but the activity is best done in group work. It doesn’t require any materials apart from pens or pencils and sheets of paper. It can last for about 40 minutes.
- Divide the class into different groups of 5 or 6 students.
- Make sure every student has a blank piece of paper and pen or pencil.
- A sentence is written on board to serve as the starting point:
Example:”Suddenly, the teacher fell while he was walking in the courtyard.”
- The first student in the group copy the sentence and add one more that makes sense logically.
- The student pass the paper to the next student in the group, and that student adds another sentence that is also in logical order.
- The activity goes on until time is up.
- At end, the representative of each group reads the final writing product.
- When all the groups finish reading the writing product, they discuss which story is the most amusing, sad, attractive, hilarious…
As a homework students rewrite the story to be handed in to the teacher for correction.