Grammar Review Lesson Plan for Beginners
Grammar Review Lesson Plan
This is a lesson plan designed to review the grammar points taught to beginners in previous lessons. It may be assigned to students at the end or at the beginning of the year or term.
The lesson plan consists of a worksheet that highlights important elements of grammar. Each grammar item challenges the students knowledge of a specific area. The aim is that students work in groups to discuss and answer a review exercise, helping each other understand any difficulties. This is followed by a whole class discussion and correctio. The discussion will help you spot the grammar points that may need remedial work.
Another grammar review activity can be found here:
- Divide the students into groups of four.
- Students do the exercise below.
- They work together to discuss and answer the exercise.
- Class correction.
- Tell students to identify the grammar points that need more remedial work.
- Write the grammar points on the board.
- Students go back to the grammar summaries.
- Ask them to work in groups to revise the grammar summaries.
- While they are working on the grammar summaries, prepare a short quiz for them.
- The quiz doesn’t have to be long and must include the main grammar points students still have problems with.
- Students work in groups to answer the quiz.
- Class correction.
Grammar Review Exercise
This grammar review exercise may be assigned to students at the end or at the beginning of the year/term either to prepare for an exam or simply to review previously taught grammar lessons.
Choose the correct answer:
- My father is _____engineer.
a. the b. a c. an
- I went ______ school in the morning.
a. at b. in c. to
- “What _____ ?” ” He is tall and has beautiful blue eyes.”
a. does he like? b. he likes c. does he look like?
- Are there ______ oranges in the fridge?
a. much b. any c. some
- I ________ my friend at the café yesterday.
a. meet b. meeted c. met
- “_________________ the book I lent you last month?” “No, not yet”
a. Have you read b. Did you read c. do you read
- They __________________ sleeping when she came in.
a. slept c. were sleeping c. have slept
- How ________ time is left?
a. many b. few c. much
- Nancy is a beautiful girl, and I like _____.
a. her b. him c. his
- My sister _______ to work every day.
a. drive b. is driving c. drives
- I go to school ______ eight o’clock every day.
b. in b. on c. at
- She passed the exam ____________ she had worked hard.
a. because of b. because
- She passed the exam ___________ her illness.
a. although b. in spite of c. because of
- I am mad about __________ soccer.
a. play b. playing c. to play
- What __________ on Sundays?
a. you do b. do you do c. are you doing