American Educational System: Quality versus Quantity
Nancy Pine, a teacher and international educator, is asking probing questions about the American educational system and compares it to how the Chinese view the education of their children.
The fundamental questions that she asks are:
- How much schooling students should have?
- Should the Americans follow the model of the Chinese, with longer days and all the pressure that results with intensive schooling?
- Or should the students have less pressure, and more time to explore other activities?
- Should the American Educational system abandon the individuality and independence found in American schools?
- Discard the innovative aspect of American schools?
- What would longer hours do for students?
Here is the link to the article: